Monday, July 13, 2009

Former Lady Indian, Michelle Turner signs with Brevard College to play softball



Former USC Salkehatchie right fielder Michelle Turner has signed with Brevard College in North Carolina to play softball next season.
Turner from Sumter, South Carolina played for two seasons at USC Salkehatchie. While a member of the Lady Indians, she earned Female Athlete of the Year-2008-09, All-Region X and the Sports Information Directors Award for 2008-09.
"I was about to graduate high school and I loved softball, I didn't have anywhere to go and head coach Mitch Smith approached me about playing for USC Salkehatchie. If it wouldn't have been for coach Smith, none of what is happening now would have been possible," said Turner.
She will be reporting to Brevard, North Carolina where she will begin the second half of her career. The Tornado's finished last season with an overall record of 17-27 as they competed in their first season in SAC.
Turner said, "I went to the school and feel in love with the area. I want to thank everyone at USC Salkehatchie for always making me feel right at home. I wish it were a four year school because I would have stayed. I also want to thank head coach Mitch Smith for all his hard work and believing in me, I hope to make everyone at USC Salkehatchie proud of me."
To learn more about the Brevard College Tornados and to keep up with Michelle, go to www.bctornados.com
Good luck Michelle from the entire USC Salkehatchie athletic family!!!