Wednesday, November 12, 2008

USC Salkehatchie announces the addition of Salk TV


It was about a month ago that I first tested Cover-It-live on the USC Salkehatchie athletic blog. If you had the chance to be on-line when we did our test run, you remember me telling you that it would give you the fan and parent a chance to follow the games while at work or if you were unable to attend in person. I took that idea to our athletic director Mrs. Jane Brewer and after some discussions, I think we have found a way to broadcast the games live via the Internet.

What this will mean to you, if you are at work during one of our weekday games, you will be able to come to this blog and the main athletic website and follow the link to view the games. If you follow South Carolina high school football, you may have heard that Byrnes high school broadcasts every football game via mogulus. I am sure that we will encounter many obstacles at first but I feel confident that with the help of Mr. Milton Harden and Mr. Bruce Coffin, our tech people on campus, we will be able to achieve our goals.

The main reason that I want to make this a reality, I understand that parents have to work and will be unable to physically attend every game. I know that watching via the Internet will not be the same as watching the Indians in person but it will give you a chance to follow them. I am hoping to start with a basketball game in order to get a feel of what it will take to make this happen. I also want to make parents and fans aware that we will not be able to carry every game throughout the season, only a select few.

I hope to sit down again with Mrs. Brewer and select the games that we feel will be the best fit, for you the parents and fans of the Indians. I have created the site for which the games will be viewed. If you would like to view this site, you can do so by clicking on the link provided here http://www.mogulus.com/salktv . I have a test video playing at this time but in the next week or so, I hope to have coaches interviews playing when a game is not being broadcast. I will also be able to play the games on a continuous loop, immediately following the live broadcast.


I hope that you will check this blog often for dates and times of future broadcasts. Once we get them ready, we will announce it both here and on our official website.
If you would like to learn more about USC Salkehatchie athletics, please check out our official website, wwwuscsalkathletics.com