Thursday, October 1, 2009

Former USC Salkehatchie Lady Indian walks on at Lander University~

Former USC Salkehatchie Lady Indian Jacki Haisley (Lander University) at the plate last season~

When Jacki Haisley left USC Salkehatchie, she thought her softball career was over. She had decided that she wanted to focus on her studies but after meeting some of the players on the softball team at Lander University, she decided to give it a go. Jacki went out as a walk-on and made the team, the entire USC Salkehatchie athletic family is super proud of her.
I recently spoke with Jacki and we had a question and answer session, which you can read below~


Q: What position are you playing at Lander?

A: At Lander, I'll be playing both 3rd base and outfield.

Q: What is your major?

A: My major is exercise science.

Q: How do you feel coming to USC Salkehatchie helped prepare you for Lander both academically and in pursuing your dream of continuing your softball career?

A: USC Salkehatchie taught me how to manage my time when it came to preparing for school work. I learned how to balance my academic life with the every day activities of being a student-athlete. On the field, I was able to become more focused and dedicated to the sport and realized that you have to work hard in order to achieve your goals. This has helped me to prepare for life in a tougher academic and athletic environment and I am looking forward to the challenges it brings me.