Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Former USC Salkehatchie Indian and current Kansas City Royal Ali Williams stops in on Indians~

(Left to right, Randolph Brown (Clafflin University), USC Salkehatchie Head Coach Bubba Dorman and Ali Williams (Kansas City Royals)

Former USC Salkehatchie Indian baseball player and current MLB- Kansas City Royal Ali Williams, stopped in on the Indians fall practice today.

Williams spoke with the players about working hard and to always keep your dreams alive.


I asked Ali if he ever thought he would be drafted by a major league team while a member of the Indians, "I can honestly say that I didn't, I had the dream but I didn't know it would happen," said Williams.

He said that he is living his dream, "I always dreamed of making it to the majors, I got a ways to go to get to the show but I am working hard everyday to make it become a reality. I am living proof that hard work pays off."

Ali has been asked back for rookie instructional and reports later this month, he hopes to make it to the high 1-A level next season.