Thursday, September 18, 2008

Live test blog huge success!

In a blog a few days ago, I announced that USC Salkehatchie would be launching a new "Live" blog to give parents and fans a chance to interact during games and other special events. On Wednesday at 2 o'clk we hosted a test blog and it was a huge success. I was worried that I hadn't given fans time enough to learn about the test blog and I must admit that I didn't think many fans would join us the first time. I will have to admit that I was wrong, I was surprised by the number of people that participated in our first run. I started the "Live" blog right on time and within minutes we had over 29-people join us.

I would like to thank the following for their participation, Bigg, Sports Fan, California Family Member, Softball Mom, Baseball Dad, Indian Fan, Lumberton NC, USC Salk Parent and Indian Nation. On the "Live" blog the parents and fans were able to communicate with me and express their opinions and views on USC Salkehatchie athletics and all were very positive. One of the members that joined the "Live" blog was Mike Jackson from Union, South Carolina. " I was very impressed with the "Live" blog that your university had yesterday. I had daughters that went to large 4-year universities and played soccer and they never had anything like this. I would have loved to have been able to come on a site while they were playing and follow the game live," said Jackson.


I have spoken to our athletic director and over the next few months, we will be working to make the "Live" blog a reality from the games on campus. The "Live" blog will hopefully give parents that have to work during the week, a chance to follow their child online from work or home. In the "Live" blog, we are also able to play audio from pre-recorded interviews with both players and coaches and we hope to play them during the "Live" blogs. In the "Live" blogs we will also be able to upload photo's from the game and you the parent or fan will be able to see your child and the USC Salkehatchie teams in action. I hope that everyone will pass the word around about the USC Salkehatchie "Official" blog and about our "Official" athletic website http://www.uscsalkathletics.com/

If you would like to see yesterday's first "Live" blog, you can go to the link below and look at the replay.
http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?option=com_altcaster&task=siteviewaltcast&altcast_code=8e1263bf25&height=550&width=470

After looking at all our options, the first live blog may take place during a basketball game sometime in November. I hope that you as a parent or fan of the Indians will check back often and Go Indians!