Thursday, January 29, 2009

USC Salkehatchie "First Pitch" Dinner Tonight


The USC Salkehatchie "First Pitch" dinner will be held tonight on the USC Salkehatchie campus in Allendale, South Carolina. The dinner is an annual event held to kick-off the Indians baseball season.


This year Joe Winkelsas will be the guest speaker. Winkelsas, played for the Indians in the 1990's and then went on to an MLB career with the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers.



“I feel like my life has taken me in a complete circle, it will be great to return to USC Salkehatchie and maybe touch someone’s life. I can’t wait to get back down there and look around; I hope to see some of the people that touched my life. I have always had a special love for the people at Salkehatchie and no matter where baseball took me, I knew that I owed everything to the people at USC Salkehatchie and the surrounding area for helping me become the man that I am today,” said Winkelsas.


Tonight, you can meet Joe Winkelsas and he will sign baseball cards from his days in the Major Leagues.


Tickets are still available, contact Coach Bubba Dorman at 1-800-922-5500 ex-143