Monday, June 1, 2009

The blog is back and going with news of USC Salkehatchie former and current baseball players on rosters accross the country this summer.


I know that many of you come to http://www.uscsalkindians.blogspot.com/ for news from the USC Salkehatchie athletic department and for the past week or longer, you have noticed we haven't had much to report.


The truth of the matter is, I have been under the weather resulting in a short hospital stint.


Well, I can assure you that I am back on my feet, (well, back in a half upright position) and I will be bringing you the fan all the breaking news from the USC Salkehatchie athletic department.

I want you to know that were are committed to keeping you as informed as possible and it has worried me more than you know to be away from the athletic department through all of this. I hope that you will pass along to other fans that the blog is back going and I know that you were still well informed by going to the "Official" USC Salkehatchie Athletic website at www.uscsalkathletics.com



On to the news,


the USC Salkehatchie baseball team will have several former and current players throughout the United States in several college summer leagues and on American Legion teams.


Of note: Former Indians Oliver Santos and Carilto Arias are playing for the Columbia Blowfish of the Coastal Plains League to learn more about the Blowfish, go to http://www.blowfishbaseball.com/


The Indians have a player in the Great South Summer league on the Macon Giants in Macon, Georgia, Dustin Pannell (Aiken, South Carolina). So far this season Dustin has pitched 11.2 innings . He is 3-1 w a 1.542 ERA


To learn more about the Great South League and see Dustin's stats, go to http://www.greatsouthleague.com/team/0/1/1159.php


I have also heard that Will Lackey is playing somewhere in Missouri and that Corey Ahrens (Newberry, SC) is playing American Legion baseball, neither one of these have been confirmed by USC Salkehatchie head baseball coach Bubba Dorman.


So, if you have some free time on your hands this summer, try and make it out to the park in support of our Indians!!!