Saturday, January 9, 2010

Indians improve to 2-0 in Region X as they defeat Brunswick Community College 80-74


The USC Salkehatchie Indians men's basketball team improved to 2-0 in Region X play on the Saturday afternoon. The Indians on the road defeated Brunswick Community College 80-74. The game went back and forth throughout with Brunswick leading by as many as three and the Indians by eight at one point.



Coach Travis Garrett said by phone after the contest, "I am thrilled with the way the team played on this trip. I got great play out of everyone that stepped on the floor, it is great when everyone contributes. I have let the guys know that we have a ways to go and it's not one game that will win you the Region, you have to play great every night. I can tell you Brunswick and Cape Fear are two teams that could beat you on any given night. We will get back to work this week and focus on Denmark Technical College."
The Indians improve to 7-10 overall and 2-0 in Region X.




The Indians are back in action this Wednesday night against Denmark Technical College (Region X) at home in Walterboro, South Carolina.




Don't forget University of South Carolina mascot "Cocky" will be on hand to cheer on the Indians and take pictures with the fans on Wednesday night.




I haven't received a box score from today's game from Coach Garrett, once I get it I will post to the blog.