Thursday, March 18, 2010

USC Salkehatchie men's soccer team land new recruit for next season~Complete story on www.uscsalkathletics.com this Friday!

Deyman Fall
Hometown: Dakar, Senegal

The USC Salkehatchie men's soccer team has landed a new recruit for next season, Deyman "Pappy" Fall and I had the opportunity to interview him this week.

Q: How did you find out about USC Salkehatchie?

A: I was playing in the Nike tournament in Norcross Georgia and coach Glass was recruiting player, we spoke about coming to play soccer at USC Salkehatchie. Coach Glass did a great job describing the school and I knew it was where I wanted to call home.

Q: You said you were from Senegal, what made you decide to come to America?


A: My sister lives in the Atlanta area and America has better programs in college to get different degrees. I want to become a mechanical engineer and it isn't offered at universities in Senegal.

Q: Did you play soccer in high school in Senegal?

A: High school's in my country, don't have sports like you do in America. We play soccer during breaks but sports in school aren't big like they are in America. I played in my town's youth 16 and enjoyed it very much.

Q: Where did you learn to speak English so fluently?

A: We learned English two hours a week at my school in Senegal but it was in America that I learned the English language. I had to learn that some words are spelled the same but have very different meanings.

To View this complete interview, go to www.uscsalkathletics.com tomorrow (3-19)!




Deyman will be a member of the USC Salkehatchie men's soccer team next season.