Monday, March 16, 2009

Congratulations to a great friend- Bill Hamilton, Sports Information Director South Carolina State University


I know this is a USC Salkehatchie Athletic Blog but I wanted to take a quick moment of your time to say congratulations to Bill Hamilton, Sports Information Director for South Carolina State University. Mr. Hamilton has been a very close friend of mine since my days at South Carolina State University (it was College when I was there) as a young 18-year old baseball player. He was recently inducted into the MEAC Hall-Of-Fame for his 36-years of service as SCSU Sports Information Director. I think the world of Mr. Hamilton and it is because of him that we have been able to do so many different things here at USC Salkehatchie, it was his knowledge that he bestowed on me, that made all this possible. I consider Mr. Hamilton a dear friend and one that if it wasn't for his 36-years of knowledge, I would have been lost when I took over as the first USC Salkehatchie Sports Information Director. Mr. Hamilton, took time to allow me to go to work with him for several days and took me under his wing, I could never thank him enough.

I have attached some of the story that was featured in the Times and Democrat of Orangeburg, South Carolina. To read the full-story click on the link below the first part.


WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - For 36 years, one man has kept public interest high in South Carolina State University athletics.In his longtime role as sports information director, William Hamilton has served as the main scribe for S.C. State athletics. Through his tireless writing and resourceful information-gathering, Hamilton has provided generations plenty of copy detailing the sporting exploits of his alma mater.It’s a labor of love which has earned the respect of colleagues both at and outside S.C. State.