Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big news from Lady Indians- Sophomore Cea Knox inks with NJCAA-Francis Marion


The big news that was promised from the USC Salkehatchie Lady Indians softball team, happened this morning prior to their game with Patrick Henry CC.

Sophomore Cea Knox (Myrtle Beach, SC) made it official that she would be turning her garnet and gold uniform in at the end of the season for the red, white and blue of the Patriots of Francis Marion University.


Francis Marion is an NCAA school that competes in the Peach Belt Conference (Same as USC Aiken). The Patriots are known for having a top notch softball program and are annually ranked in the top 20 in the nation.


"I knew that Francis Marion was the place for me, I wanted to be a part of a great program and have the opportunity to win a championship, Francis Marion gives me that opportunity. I am really excited about becoming a part of the Patriots family. I have really enjoyed my time at USC Salkehatchie and I will truly miss the faculty and staff next year. USC Salkehatchie gave me the chance to live out my dream of playing softball and has helped me move on to the next level," said Cea Knox.

Cea plans to get her degree in political science and one day go to Law School to become an attorney.


For the complete story on Cea's signing with Francis Marion, go to www.uscsalkathletics.com next Friday.


From the entire USC Salkehatchie athletic family, Congrats Cea, we will miss you!