Friday, April 10, 2009

Lady Indians set to travel to Southeastern Community College tomorrow


The Lady Indians are ready for action in Whiteville, North Carolina against Southeastern Community College on Saturday.


The Lady Indians won two great games on Wednesday against USC Sumter in Allendale, SC.
The Lady Rams from Whiteville, North Carolina are currently 0-12 on the season. To be fair to the Lady Rams, this is their first full season competing in the NJCAA. According to the NJCAA official website, it looks like they played 4-games in the spring of 2008 and went 0-4.
Once I get any information on tomorrow's games, I will post them to the blog.
GO LADY INDIANS!!!
NOTICE:
I need to make a correction to something I posted on the blog after the USC Sumter game. I had Michelle Turner listed as the only player in USC Salkehatchie Lady Indians softball-school history to hit a grand slam. In fact, Cea Knox hit one earlier this season in Aiken, South Carolina.
I want to personally apologize to Cea Knox and her family and friends for this mistake. I said in an earlier post, I am only human and I have to rely on information on past seasons from the coaches and community that were here during the previous years. So, with that said Michelle Turner has 2-grand slams in her career and Cea Knox has 1.