Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Note to all fans and parents as the atheltic seasons wind down.


Hello fans and parents,

I started this blog to keep you informed on the happenings within USC Salkehatchie athletics and it has been amazing the response that I have received from parents and fans alike.


It has taken a lot of my time to keep the blog updated as many games finish late at night but to keep the parent that lives so far away and the fan that may live outside our local area in the know, it is all worth it.


It really is a labor of love, I love USC Salkehatchie athletics as I have said so often before. I do this blog because I see the hard work that our athletes put in, not only on game-day but at practices during the week.


I see them attending classes and then rushing to the practice field and then rushing back to another class after practice. I played in college and I understand what it takes to be a student-athlete. I think it was easier back when I went to college but for today's student-athlete, it seems as though they are always rushing.


I know for you, as a parent or fan, you only get to see the finished product on the field during game-days. I have seen these young people grow in the past year and it makes me so proud, I can only imagine how it makes you the parent feel.


I know the blog is sometimes off by a hit, a goal, a run or a basket but our coaches are very busy, many without an assistant but they do a great job getting the information to me as fast as they can.


I can't attend every game both at home or away. I am part-time and to make it to every game would be impossible. I would love to be able to attend every game because the young group of athletes we have at USC Salkehatchie are very special and I would love to be there to cheer them on.


I explained in a previous post but I hope that next year we will be able to do many more exciting things within USC Salkehatchie athletics. If you are a parent from one year ago, you have seen the athletic programs grow by leaps and bounds. It is all due to the hard work of everyone in the athletic department from coaches, our athletic director Mrs. Jane Brewer and our Dean Dr. Ann Carmichael. They all believe in USC Salkehatchie athletics and to me it shows in everything that have transpired within the department this past year.


I couldn't ask for a better group of parents, the ones that take the time to email me, I thank you for all your kind words. If I have left your child off the blog or the website, I am sorry and I can assure you it was not done on purpose. I try my best to take photo's of every student-athlete and have them on the website or blog at least once throughout their season.


On the website, we offer a player profile each week, if you do the math it isn't hard to figure out that we don't have enough weeks in a season to profile every player. I will continue the player profile even after the season is over in order to try and get everyone on the website at least one time.


I guess what I am trying to say is that I know sometimes mistakes are made, I am only human. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please feel free to email me.


I would love to hear from each and every parent that has a concern about the blog or website. I want you to know if you are upset about something, feel free to email me, it takes a lot to upset me.


If your child is a sophomore, I wish them the very best at the next level, I will keep fans at USC Salkehatchie updated on their progress as they move on to another institution and I hope that you will remain a fan of USC Salkehatchie.


If you are a parent of a player that is returning to USC Salkehatchie next season or an incoming freshman's parent, you will be pleased with the additions that will be made within the sports information department. I hope to have some very exciting news within the next several months.


So, as we wrap up the seasons, enjoy the games, enjoy your children and have fun! The athletic department can't thank you enough for being a part of the USC Salkehatchie athletic family!


I hope to see you out at a game before seasons end and GO INDIANS!!!