Wednesday, April 22, 2009

USC Salkehatchie 2009 Commencement Exercises May 4th 7:00 pm

The University of South Carolina Salkehatchie 2009 Commencement Exercises will be held May 4th at 7:00 pm.

This year's commencement speaker will be former USC Salkehatchie/Major League baseball player, Joe Winkelsas.
Earlier this year, Winkelsas became the first inductee into the USC Salkehatchie athletic hall-of-fame.


Winkelsas played for the USC Salkehatchie Indians in the 1990's and then went on to an MLB career with the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers.

“I feel like my life has taken me in a complete circle, it will be great to return to USC Salkehatchie. I can’t wait to get back down there and look around; I hope to see some of the people that touched my life. It is such an honor to be asked to speak at a university that gave me so much. I have always had a special love for the people at Salkehatchie and no matter where baseball took me, I knew that I owed everything to the people at USC Salkehatchie and the surrounding area for helping me become the man that I am today,” said Winkelsas.

The public is cordially invited to attend.